Ed Comeau over at Campus Firewatch is doing some amazing things to raise awareness on campuses across the country about fire safety. He is leading an effort called The Campus Firewatch Media Project that provides an opportunity for students across the nation to write fire safety-related articles for publication in Campus Firewatch. An article will be selected each month and the winning submission will receive $500. Or go to Campus Firewatch for more great information on keeping it safe.
The goals of this project are to:
* Encourage students to learn more about fire safety and write articles from their perspective
* Provide an opportunity for journalism students to get published
* Develop content for Campus Firewatch from a student’s perspective on the fire safety problem/issues
Suggested initial topics include (but are not limited to):
* Fire safety, why students don’t seem to care
* The challenges of finding a fire-safe house off-campus
* How to reach today’s Millennial students about fire safety
* Providing fire safety to disabled students
* What should students know about fire safety, on-campus, off-campus and on vacation
* What is fire, how does it start, grow and spread
* What does fire do to me?
* Why are students disabling the smoke alarms
This video speaks for itself.
Do you want a free fire safety inspection, go here.