Your Landlord Guide

Italianate Style Row Homes Houses Washington DC USA
Front view of Italianate style row homes, Washington DC. Shot with wide angle lens

\All property owners who to rent a house, an apartment building, or just a portion of their home are District required to obtain a Basic Business License (BBL). This is one of the few ways that the District is able to ensure the property is safe to occupy and can be properly monitored. If gives the renters, and you, the landlord certain protections.

Find out if you are licensed? Click here. Apply for a BBL at Review our Property Inspection Guidelines for helpful information on DC Housing Code standards and requirements.